Coronavirus General Advice
A quick reminder ....
- Like the common cold, coronavirus infection usually occurs through close contact with an infected person via cough, sneeze or hand contact. You can also catch the virus by touching contaminated surfaces if you do not wash your hands afterwards.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
• Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
other tips ...
If you're sick, don't let your droplets circulate:
- Cough or sneeze inside your T-shirt by pulling up the collar If that's not an option, try to catch your droplets in your elbow or into a tissue instead.
- Keep air circulating. Dispersing droplets can keep you from getting a hefty, infectious dose. Open a window.
- Clean surfaces. Household disinfectants, such as bleach and alcohol-based cleaners, can kill the virus on tables, phones and other surfaces you come in contact with regularly