Work commencing on Pinewood Road footpath and cycleway
Starting today Tuesday 23rd April, roadworks will be taking place along Pinewood Road to create a much needed footpath and cycleway. The new footway/cycleway will be 3.5m wide and around 1.3km in length and run from 5 Points Roundabout to the entrance of Pinewood Studios, providing a safer transport route for us all at Pinewood and the surrounding area.
The works will take place over a period of 4 months and have been planned to reduce disruption as much as possible by undertaking sections of the work in 100m lengths. Single lane traffic and 2-way signals will be in place for much of the duration. To carry out the upgrade works in the section nearer to ‘Five Points’ roundabout safely, a road closure will be needed and this will be over four weeks in July and August.
During this time, the shuttle buses will continue to run but there may be delays that affect the scheduled timetable. When the works take place on the bus stop on Pinewood Road there will be alternative pick-up and drop-off locations arranged, the full details of which will be announced nearer the time.
Here are some notable dates for your information, these are subject to site conditions and could change:
• 23/04/19 – Works begin just south of the roundabout entrance to Pinewood Studios
• 07/05/19 – Works advance to the entrance to Pinewood Green, 3-way signals in place
• 10/07/19 – 06/08/19 – Pinewood Road is closed as works take place leading up to 5-points roundabout
• 12/08/19 – Works begin at the current bus stop location on Pinewood Road, alternative arrangements for the shuttle bus will be announced nearer the time
• 21/08/19 – Works begin at the entrance to Pinewood Studios, 3-way signals in place
• 30/08/19 – Works conclude